Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tampa Co-Op: beers and bike repair




Tampa's newly formed Bicycle Co-Op celebrated it's inaugural session this past Monday and the usual suspects were out fixing bicycles, drinking beers and playing foot down.

The goal of the Co-Op is having a space open every first Monday of the month from 6pm to 9pm with all the main tools needed for bike repair available for use as well as collective bike repair knowledge/experience available for the taking, therefore promoting community, cycling solidarity and self-reliance. So, that's cool.

Everything seems to still be in the embryonic stages but I think this could develop into something really awesome. There's talk of a possible St. Pete Co-Op, as well. But more to come on that later.

In other news, why is Pete so good on his bicycle?

Anyways, I didn't contribute too much. But I met some good people and ended up letting the boys circle round me for footdown. Dirty.

Oh, and I drank some beers.

Vegan BBQ and Bike Ride this Saturday. I'm turning 24. Come git ur drink on and play on the slip and slide with me!

More on that here: http://flfixed.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=298&page=4#Item_4

xo.

No comments: