Monday, April 14, 2008

I haz birfday




Saturday, April 12th at 7:19pm I officially celebrated my 24th of all my birthdays. There was the riding of the bicycles, the grilling of the fake meats, the whiskey soaking of the water melon and the consumption of the vegan baked goods.

I really had a wonderful time and thanks to all who helped prep, helped cook and helped clean.

Highlights:

-Jumping in the kiddie pool with Carolyn after a kick ass bike ride

-Shots of tequila in the kitchen

-Abbie handing me bottles of whiskey every 12 hours

-Getting wrapped in happy birthday streamers

-More shots of tequila

-Quickie mart birthday gifts consisting of cheap bottles of wine, cheesy bike-chick lighters, incense and a banana

-Happy Birthday song during the cutting of said whiskey soaked watermelon

-Somehow managing to muster the energy to go dancing and sweat my ass off

Sunday night I rode out to my parents in Seminole. My mamma took me shopping and then we made my delish vegan lasanga. Some time after that, after pops and I killed a large bottle of Merlot, vhs of my 4th birthday got pulled out.

As I watched my four year old self run around in a dress that kept falling off my shoulders, I conteplated the last twenty years. In 1988, I only wore dresses and was forever running away from my mother. I'd order cheeseburgers and throw the meat on the floor. I'd boss my friends around and talk to much and never sleep. I liked to play chicken in the middle of the street and never brushed my hair. I rode my bicycle everywhere in those jelly heels and misbehaved constantly in public. Despite all these things, my mother claims there wasn't an adult or child who didn't instantly fall under my charm.

Guess not a whole lot's changed.

In other news, I'm proud to annouce the 2008 St. Pete Skirts! St. Pete's first all girl fixed gear bicycle team.

What we do:
There are some girls in St. Pete riding some bikes. They're getting some other girls to ride bikes, and raising some money for charity.
Expect workshops, fundraisers, cupcakes, high fives, bike rides, festivities, sugar, spice, and other toing and froing. Details to come.

check it yo: http://www.stpeteskirts.blogspot.com/

1) Pammy; acting prez.
2) Abbie Rae Harris; offical blogger
3) Stephanie Kiernan; treasuer
4) Carolyn Hilton Bush; internet consultant, P.R., etc.
5) Jen Norris; biknastic and flying shark consultant
6) Carol Davis
7) Jesse Crozier
8) Kelsea; Design consultant, screen printer and resident artist

i effing love this town.

word.

1 comment:

invisible monster said...

Wooo! Decorating the Pammy!